Federal Volunteer Efforts

Volunteers help find, monitor, map, and remove invasive species. They can also help restore previously impacted areas and educate others about invasive species. Check with your city, county, or state park office to find out what's available in your area, or work with them by helping to organize a project on your own.

The National Association of Exotic Plant Pest Councils (EPPC) often organize volunteer efforts. To find an EPPC in your area, visit www.naeppc.org.

You can also find volunteer opportunities on national parks by visiting the National Parks Service website at www.nps.gov.

Volunteer information for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's National Refuge System can be located at www.fws.gov/volunteers/volOpps.html. FWS and the Center for Invasive Plant Management (CIPM) have collaborated to develop invasive plant online training programs for volunteers and refuge staff.

Opportunities nationwide can be found at serve.gov.